Two things I learned from MovieWalker's report on the premiere of Oshii Mamoru's "The Sky Crawlers": the script is by "Crying Out Love, in the Center of the World" screenwriter Ito Chihiro, with supervision by that film's director Yukisada Isao. Now my mind is filled with dark visions of lots of teary shouty dialogue and terminal romance in between all the CG-assisted dogfights. Please prove me wrong, Oshii sensei!
Don't know about you, but I can't get these damn videos to play in either Firefox or Internet Explorer.
And is it just me or has anyone else found themself reading the katakana title as "Sky Corolla" or "Sky Cholera"?
- ► 2010 (16)
- Cast update for "Shikisoku Zenereishon"
- "Volcano High" director teams up with "Death Note"...
- Nishijima and Kase co-star in "Tonan Kadobeya Nika...
- Ayase Haruka = breasts
- Hiroki Ryuichi's "Your Friend"
- From prosaic to just plain stupid
- Stills from the set of "Shikisoku Zenereishon"
- The men with the balls to remake "Seven Samurai"
- "Ponyo" detractors sharpen their sushi knives
- Thoughts on "Chameleon"
- Taguchi Tomorowo to direct his second Miura Jun fl...
- "Nonchan Noriben" update
- Sakamoto Junji says 'hoes before bros'
- "Climber's High" clings on to modest success
- "One Million Yen Girl" flees overseas
- "Sky Crawlers" or "Sky Bawlers"?
- A rare victory (?) for live-action over anime
- All that glitters may not be Takemajin
- Shochiku @ YouTube
- "Boys Over Flowers" über alles
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2006 (41)